Please READ the General Information before signing up for any sports programme.
All HKU students/staff/Sports Members have priority to enrol in our programmes at discounted rate. Space(s) may be available for non-HKU applicants at 17 years old or above subject to availability.
Unless specified, all courses are at beginner’s level. Prerequisite will be stated in the course description for intermediate or advance level, participants have to make sure that they have attained the prerequisite before enrolling to those higher level courses.
Medium of Instruction
Most of the courses will be conducted in English and supplemented with Cantonese if necessary. However, some courses will be conducted in Cantonese only and will be specified in the course description.
Most activities are taken place at the Stanley Ho Sports Centre (SHSC) located at 10 Sha Wan Drive in Sandy Bay, Multi-Purpose Room of Suen Chi Sun Hall (Jockey Club Student Village II located at 109 Pokfulam Road) and Multi-Purpose Room inside Ho Tim Hall (located in between Starr Hall and Lady Ho Tung Hall, 91 Pokfulam Road). Ice skating will be taken place at The Rink in Element.
Clothing and Equipment
Participants must dress in sportswear and wear sports shoes when attending sports course. For all indoor sports courses and tennis course, only non-marking footwear shall be worn. Sports equipment or special apparel will be provided for all participants in the class.
All Sports Centre have changing rooms and coin-refund locker ($5 coin).
Right and Expectations
All participants should have the responsibility to create and maintain an environment that fosters the common interest and convenience for all users. For the safety and enjoyment of all, please follow the house rules while using the facilities and equipment. Please visit the rules and regulations governing the use of Sports Centre and Swimming pool
Facility Access and Course Attendance
HKU students/staff/sports members could gain access to our centres with the Student/Staff/FAC Card. Non-HKU participants could use the QR code that issued for course participation or present the course confirmation e-mail to our receptionist upon arrival.
Our instructor will also check the attendance with participants on-site before the classes start.
Rules and Regulations of Uni-Sports and Uni-Adventure Courses
- Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis through online enrolment system. Upon successful registration, the system will automatically send a confirmation message to applicant's email address. Applicants who experience difficulties submitting their applications with their own devices could seek support from our reception desk at any of our CSE facility. Please note that no spot will be reserved unless payment is successfully received.
- Centre for Sports and Exercise(CSE) shall have the final authority to reject any registration if there are any discrepancies between the participant’s skill level and the class requirement, even if payment has been settled.
- All payment is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. Please be aware of the timeslots of different courses carefully in order to avoid conflicting time schedules. Any request for course withdrawal after confirmation is issued is not allowed and NO REFUND can be made.
- No refund will be made, unless a course is cancelled due to insufficient numbers. No refund, credit or make up class will be arranged for a participant who misses a class for any other reason.
- No participation without a successful registration will be accepted.
- Some courses may run on public holidays, participants have to pay attention to the dates stated at each course in the website.
- CSE has the right to take photo of or videotape the class activity for the purpose of publicity and course promotion. Participant who does not wish to be captured by photo or to be shown in any types of publicity, please kindly notify CSE staff when such scenario happens to them.
- Please refer to CSE website for the most updated venue of the activities, courses, and programmes.
In the event of bad weather situations or an increasing trend of public health cases, the class(es) may be cancelled and make-up class(es) will be arranged.
Participants will be offered make up class or credit vouchers for class cancellation due to bad weather and NO REFUND will be made. CSE is not responsible for any risk of loss of credit voucher codes that issued to participants.
All payment, credit voucher, in addition to unused credit balances are NON‐REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. All unused balances of vouchers are non-transferable and cannot be returned for a cash refund (except as required by law).
Safety and Rules
All participants are expected to recognize and accept the risks inherent in their enrolled activities. Part of the risk involved in participating an activity or programme is correlated with the participant’s own state of health (physical, mental, or emotional) and the awareness, care, and skill with which the participants conduct himself or herself in that activity or programme. The specific risks vary from one activity to another. All participation in sports programs is voluntary and each participant knowingly assumes all risks associated with his or her own participation. In case of personal injury or accident happened during the class, please contact the instructor or Sports Centre staff immediately.
Participants are not permitted to conduct, or solicit for, any form of business within the facilities (e.g., personal training, private lessons, etc.), nor conduct or organize unauthorized paid or voluntary coaching sessions or group programs.
Arrangement under Inclement Weather Conditions
Under the situations as listed below:
- Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 (or above) is hoisted; or
- Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 will be issued within two hours as announced by the Hong Kong Observatory; or
- “Extreme conditions” after super typhoons are in force (announced by the Government before the Hong Kong Observatory replaces Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 with Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3); or
- Black Rainstorm Signal is in force.
The following arrangements will apply:
For sports classes NOT yet started
Situation Class Arrangements If any of the warnings or announcements is hoisted or in force at or after 6:00 am All classes commencing before 2:00 pm will be cancelled automatically. If any of the warnings or announcements is hoisted or in force at or after 11:00 am All classes commencing at any time from 2:00 pm and before 6:00 pm will be cancelled automatically. If any of the warnings or announcements is hoisted or in force at or after 3:00 pm All classes commencing from 6:00 pm onward will be cancelled automatically.
For sports classes ALREADY started
Situation Class Arrangements When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted or the No. 8 Signal will be issued within two hours as announced by the Hong Kong Observatory, or “extreme conditions” are in force
- All classes and outdoor classes will be suspended immediately.
When Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted
- All classes, except those held outdoors, will continue.
- For outdoor classes, the responsible staff members on the spot should suspend the activities immediately, ensure that all students are taken to a safe place, and remain there until it is safe for them to return home.
- Outdoor classes/activities (Aquatics, Tennis & Golf) will be cancelled if Red rainstorm is hoisted.
- If there is persistent heavy rain in Western district, classes involving outdoor activity (Aquatics, Tennis & Golf) may be cancelled.
- In the event of bad weather or any other emergency situations, the class(es) may be cancelled and make up class/credit voucher will be arranged. Participants will be contacted via SMS text message at least 45 mins prior to class commencement if cancellation is to be made.
Participants may Please refer to “Arrangement under Inclement Weather Conditions” Section under “General Information” tab for details. You may also call the receptionist desk at respective centres if they have any uncertainties. For classes held outside HKU premises such as Rock Climbing, Adventure Hike and etc., please contact the instructor directly for further instruction. For participants who are joining the LCSD water sports courses like Windsurfing, Sailing and Sea Kayaking, please call the Water Sports Centre at 28135407 for class confirmation.
Classes cancelled due to inclement weather will have a MAXIMUM of TWO make-up classes after the scheduled program ends. Our program administrator will contact participants by email for detail arrangements.
In case no make-up class can be arranged due to venue unavailability, no refund will be arranged.
CSE treasures the comments and suggestions of participants to further enhance the programme quality. An online evaluation link will be sent to your email before the last two classes of the course. Your feedback will be solely used for the development of our Sports Programme. Apart from this channel, we are keen to receive comments and suggestions at any times, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants enrolled to any sports program under Uni-Sports and Uni-Adventure are abide by the above terms and conditions. CSE reserves the right to make any changes to the above terms and condition without prior notice to individual participant.
ENROLLMENT START DATE
2023/2024 SEMESTER 2 – Thursday the 1st February, 2024
Go to CSE website and select “Uni-Sports Programmes’ or “Uni-Adventure Programmes” on the left-hand side of the menu
- Select the category of sports programmes you feel interested.
- Click the “ENROLL” button to the sports course you wish to enroll.
- Fill in the information as required.
- Continue with the payment procedure by clicking “Submit”, you will divert to payment gateway and choose the payment method that you prefer.
- You will receive an email acknowledgement if registration and online payment are successful.
Participants who registered for Uni-Adventure Programmes held outside CSE (HKU) Sports Facilities will receive a supplementary instruction by email 1 week before the first class start. Please email us at email@example.com if you do not receive the instruction.
Upon completing the online registration form, you will be divert to the online payment gateway and you can choose the payment method that you prefer.