1. Flying Safety
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO AVOID COLLISION. A PILOT OF A HELICOPTER OR LIGHT AIRCRAFT MAY NOT SEE A SMALL MODEL/DRONE IN TIME TO AVOID IT.
- It is also of paramount importance that model aircraft/drone operator KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE between his model/drone and people and property on ground as the model/drone may cause serious injuries or even fatalities and serious damage on impact.
- The usage of the drone / UAS are being adhered according to manufacturer’s recommendation.
- The maximum weight of each drone / UAS, inclusive of all payloads and additional accessories attached to the drone / UAV, should be adhered according to manufacturer's recommendation.
2. Where you cannot fly
- Model aircraft/drones SHALL NOT BE FLOWN OUTSIDE THE RESERVED VENUE and also not near the common, populated and congested areas in the sports centre.
- Model aircraft/drones shall not be flown over, or close to, any object, installation or facility that would present a risk to safety in the event of damage due to any impact by the model aircraft/drones, or in such a manner that the good order and discipline and control thereof may be or may likely be jeopardized.
3. Altitude of Operations
The altitude of operations shall not exceed 300 feet above ground level.
4. Time of Operations
The operation of model aircraft/drones shall be conducted during daylight hours only.
5. Choice of flying sites
A good choice of flying site not only minimizes the possibility of an accident. Here are some tips to help you choose a good site. A good site should be:
- clear of persons, vessels, vehicles or structures;
- clear of any power sources such as power lines, transformer stations, pylons, and transmitter towers, etc which might cause radio interference;
- flat enough to enable safe take-off and landing; and
- free from visual obstruction, so that the operator can see the model aircraft/drone in flight at all times.
6. Weather Criteria
The operator must not launch the model aircraft/drone when a Rainstorm Warning, Tropical Cyclone Warning or Strong Monsoon Signal is in force.